Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Packet Pick Up - FGB - Marathon Relays

On Friday September 25th, Melisa, Jessica (and Monty), Me & Duker started our packet pick ups with a trip to LuLu for a new pair of shorts (treating ourselves for doing paleo for a week). For those that don't know, LuLu is a fun and fancy and $$ workout clothing store. HOWEVER their clothes are WONDERFUL and worth every penny...just gotta earn that penny. ANYWAYS...after shopping we went to Austin Java for some coffee. After a trip to a dog store to get Monty a Birthday present, we went to the Convention Center to get our packet for our Marathon Relays on Sunday. After we got our packets we got back in our cars and went to RunTex to get our packets for Fight Gone Bad. This was an fundraiser event put on by Crossfit Central to help raise money for wounded warrior project and prostate cancer research. I placed 2nd in the female elite catagory. (check out www.crossfitcentral.com for more details). Since my parents were going I took Duker. They held him while I lifted. He did a GREAT job with the crowd. He did bark when I was on the platform, but I think that had to do with the faces I was making LOL. People just thought he was cheering me on. It was such a fun event and I had such GREAT support (mucho thanks to GB and Daddy for coming). After a wedding on Saturday night, Sunday came early and I was off to run in the first Distance Challenge event of this season. We were Rick's Chicks! This was a team composed of Rick (12k), Me (10k), Pam (10k), Donna (5K), Melisa (5K). Each person ran a little bit totally a marathon. Again I brought Duker because I think he needs to be around crowds, and Melisa agreed to watch him while I ran. Well when I got done running Rick, her husband, showed me the pics below on his iphone. Duker had climbed up in Melisa's lap and she let him, remind you Duker is no 61lbs!!!!...told you I was not the only one who spoiled him. So then she felt the need to sit in mine. He did VERY good at this event as well. Therefore afterwards when we got home, Duker and me passed out on the couch for no lie close to 3 hours LOL! Needless to say, duker's first outhings were a success and he will be able to tag along more often! (I will post a pic of FGB event when the screen unfreezes).

No comments:

Post a Comment